The application period for the France Nigeria Scholarship Program is set to run from November 6th to December 15th, 2023. Detailed guidelines for the application process are provided below.
Following the successful launch of the inaugural edition in March 2023, the Embassy of France in Nigeria is pleased to announce the renewal of its scholarship program. This initiative aims to support individuals pursuing a Master’s degree in a French public higher education institution during the academic year 2024/2025. Five grants will be awarded to exceptional candidates with a keen interest in fields related to Environment and Risk Management. The application deadline is December 15th, 2023.
Funding for this program is provided by the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs in collaboration with the French Ministry for Higher Education and Research. Implementation is facilitated by the French Embassy and Campus France Nigeria.
Apply Also: Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program
Applicants are required to meet specific eligibility criteria and adhere to the outlined application procedure to be considered for this opportunity.
Fields of Study:
- Risk Management
To qualify, applicants must:
- Be Nigerian citizens residing in Nigeria
- Be under the age of 35
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in Environment or Risk Management
- Have completed National Service
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants with First Class or Second Class Upper degrees
- Demonstrate a full commitment to pursuing studies in France for the academic year starting September/October 2024/2025
- Proficiency in French is not mandatory if the program is conducted in English
The scholarship covers:
- Monthly allowance
- Assistance in finding affordable student housing
- Healthcare coverage throughout the training period
- Visa fee
- National tuition fees in a public university
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Copy of the international passport data page (valid for a minimum of two years)
- Detailed CV
- Personal statement
- Bachelor’s certificate or equivalent
- Undergraduate transcript (consolidated into one or two documents)
- National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) certificate
- Recommendation letter from the university (strongly recommended)
Mode of Application:
- Find a program in one of our catalogs:
Taught in English: https://taughtie.campusfrance.org/tiesearch/#/catalog
Taught in French (French proficiency required): https://cataloguelm.campusfrance.org/master/#/catalog
The programs chosen have to be in the fields of Environment / Risk Management .
- Register and apply on our platform “Studies in France”
You can access the platform here: https://pastel.diplomatie.gouv.fr/etudesenfrance/dyn/public/AUTH/login.html
And find our step-by-step guide by following this link .
At the same time , send your documents at:[email protected]
The title of your email must be: LAST NAME First Name – Application to France Nigeria Scholarship Program
The title of the documents must be as followed: NUMBER OF DOCUMENT. LAST NAME First Name – Type of document
1.TERWASE Philomena – International passport
2.TERWASE Philomena – Cover letter
3.TERWASE Philomena – Bachelor degree , etc.
Be careful! The deadline to apply is set on December 15th 2023!
- Get an application interview with Campus France
From January to March, you will have to pay for the Campus France fee (50,000) and have an interview with one of our officers at either Campus France Abuja (northern students) or Campus France Lagos (southern students).
During the interview, you will have to mention that you want to apply for this scholarship .
- The schools give out admission
From April to May, the schools give their admissions on Etudes en France.
Campus France Nigeria and The Embassy of France will review the scholarship applications and admissions given by public Institutions .
The commission will be deliberating over the files and giving interviews to the best candidates.
5 of them will be selected and awarded the scholarship!
- November 6th to December 15th, 2023, 11:59 pm Nigeria time: Applicants register on Etudes en France, make wishes in the field of Environment/Risk Management, and submit their documents via email.
- January to March 15th, 2024: Application interviews for all candidates. Scholarship applicants must indicate their interest during the interview.
- April to May 2024: Admissions for public institutions.
- June 2024: Interview of the pre-selected candidates.
- July 1st, 2024: Publication of the list of laureates.
- September/October 2024: Departure to France