The Obama Foundation Leaders Africa program is now open for applications from exceptional leaders in public, civil society and the private sector who have a clear issue-focus and who can illustrate the impact of their work.
The virtual Leaders Africa program is a six-month, non-residential, virtual leadership journey for 35 emerging leaders from across the continent focused on exploring values-based leadership skills and building deep relationships with fellow cohort members.
- Organisation: Obama Foundation
- Program Type: Career Opportunity
- Program Location: Across Africa
- Program Duration: 6 months
- Available Slot: 35
- Basic Qualifications: Leaders in public, civil and the private sector
- Nationality: Continent of Africa.
See Also: The OECD Student Internship Programme 2024 [Paid Internship]
In order to be eligible for Obama Foundation Leaders Africa program, applicants must fulfil the requirements listed (below):
- Applicants must be citizen of an African country or territory OR
- Permanent resident of an African country or territory OR
- Have lived in an African country or territory for at least the last 5 years, regardless of citizenship or permanent residence status
- You will be between 24 and 45 years of age on August 26, 2024
- You are professionally proficient in spoken and written English
Leaders participate in the following core elements as part of the program:
- Weekly Virtual Video Calls These live virtual sessions are the primary form of collective engagement. These connections, an average of four times monthly, offer a mix of new content (conversations with experts, introductions to leadership frameworks, skill-building, etc.) and interactive, small-group work in breakout rooms.
- Monthly Community Groups Leaders work in peer learning groups that encourage deeper relationship-building and peer-learning, and offer opportunities to reflect on case studies of prominent African leaders, or discuss open questions from the group sessions.
- Individualized Leadership Coaching Each Leader is paired with a coach to help them gain self-awareness, clarify goals, brainstorm ideas, achieve their development objectives, and unlock their potential.
Also Apply: The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship 2024/2025 for International Students
How-to-Apply: Interested and eligible applicants for Obama Foundation Leaders Africa program are hereby encouraged to Click the ‘apply here’ button at the official webpage to submit application online.
Application Deadline: February 9, 2024
Visit the Official Website for Further Details