The Marlène and Paolo Fresco Fellowship welcomes applications from suitably qualified candidates to stimulate and support increased scholarship on cultural exchanges between the African continent and the Mediterranean world during the period 1250-1750.
The fellowship is designed for post-doctoral scholars in fields related to the study of African history, including art history, archeology, the history of expressive cultures, musicology, economic history, intellectual, political, and religious history, as well as literature and languages.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): Marlène and Paolo Fresco
- Host Institution(s): The Harvard University Center
- Funding Amount: USD 5,200 per month
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: PhD
- Nationality: International Students
See Also: UBC Doctoral Fellowships in Canada 2024 | Fully Funded
To be eligible for The Marlène and Paolo Fresco Fellowship, applicants must fulfil the following:
- At the time of application, scholars must have a PhD in hand and will be asked to upload a scan of the certificate.
- They must not be working on a second PhD.
- Applicants must be fluent in either English, Italian, or French.
- Applicants will have a solid background in African history and its global exchanges in the early modern world.
- Candidates offered the fellowship will spend a six-month term in Florence at ITatti with access to local and regional resources (libraries, photographic collections, archives, museums, collections).
- The fellow will be expected to carry out original research on the topic for which they have been awarded their fellowship.
Also Apply: ALC Peace, Security and Development Fellowships for 2024/2025
How-to-Apply: Applications must be written in English or Italian and must be submitted electronically. Scholars can apply to only one type of fellowship at I Tatti per academic year. Applicants must have two scholars who know their work well submit recommendations online. These recommendations must be written in English, French, or Italian.
In order to give your referees adequate time to submit letters of recommendation, click the reference tab and register them as early as possible. Referees will receive an email explaining how to access the system and submit their letters electronically. It is the applicants’ responsibility to inform the scholars writing on their behalf of the nature of the project and the deadline for submission.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2024
Visit the Official Website for Further Details