The International Court of Justice invites applications from recent law graduates all over the globe to participate in its 2024-2025 Judicial Fellowship Programme. The programme, formerly known as the University Traineeship Programme, was established to enable participants gain professional experience by working for the International Court of Justice.
The programme aims to improve participants’ understanding of public international law in practice and the Court’s procedures by directly involving them in the activities of the Court. Judicial Fellows work on a full-time basis under the supervision of a Member of the Court, alongside the Member’s primary legal assistant.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Court of Justice
- Host Institution(s): International Court of Justice
- Funding Amount: Not Stated
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Nationality: International Students
See Also: Mastercard Foundation Scholarships at UBC, Canada 2024/2025 [Fully Funded]
To be considered for the Judicial Fellowship Programme for Law Graduates, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- To be eligible, candidates should be 31 years old or younger at the start of their fellowship. This requirement may be waived only in special circumstances.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent results in their legal studies, and an interest in public international law through their studies, publications and/or work experience.
- Candidates must have an excellent command, both written and orally, of at least one of the two official languages of the Court (English and French); a working knowledge of the other language is considered an asset.
Also Apply: Fulbright Scholarship Application 2024 | What to Know
How-to-Apply: An online pre-screening questionnaire must be completed by the nominating university. The university must also designate an authorized focal point through whom all application materials will be submitted.
Following completion of the pre-screening questionnaire, the following six documents must be submitted for each candidate via the email address of the university’s authorized focal point, in the order below:
Application Deadline: February, 2023
Visit the Official Website for Further Details