How do I get into an old gmail account without the password?
How to get into an old gmail account without the password.
It is so frustrating to have forgotten your email password, or even worse, to have forgotten your email address. And it is terrifying to think that your account might have been pirated by somebody else. So what to do about that? Well, Google gives us a series of tools. Now each one, you’re going to have to work your way through and be a little bit patient.
If you’ve done your homework before, you can make your life a lot easier. But more on that in a moment. If you have forgotten your email address if you go to sign in to a Google account,
right there you’ve got the option to recover your email if you’ve forgotten the email address. In that case, you have to either give them the email address of the account you created it with because typically we create child accounts from other Google accounts or the phone number that you’ve attached to the account.
Steps to get into an old gmail account without the password
- Head to the Gmail sign-in page and click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter the last password you remember. If you can’t remember one, click “Try a different question.”
- Enter the secondary email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to get a password reset email.
How to recover your Gmail password without phone number
- Go to Google Account Recovery.
- Enter the email address.
- Click on ‘Try another way’- This will bring up a recovery method you most likely can’t access.
- Click on ‘Try another way” again.
- Wait 48 hours.
- Check your email for a recovery link.
Google has a terrific help document to walk you through this entire process. if you feel someone has hijacked your account, you have to go to the account recovery console, and you have to work your way through recovering your username and your account. And they will ask you a series of questions. Again, it’s important that you have a recovery email or a recovery phone number that they can attach.