How do I connect Philips Brilliance 279P1 monitor to TV?
How to connect Philips Brilliance 279P1 monitor to TV.
This is particularly useful when you wish to watch videos or movies played from your computer. Most modern TVs already contain a Philips Brilliance 279P1 monitor input, although the TV may call it a D-Sub or PC input. Philips Brilliance 279P1 monitor connectors do not contain an audio component, so if your goal is to watch movies, you need a separate audio cable to use your TV’s sound system.
How to Connect Philips Brilliance 279P1 monitor to TV?
The main purpose of TV is to watch TV shows, movies, and news among other things. With this in mind, let us a different way in which you can convert your monitor into a TV.
- Use a TV Tuner
Monitors generally don’t come with tuners. So, if you want to use your old monitor to watch cable TV that relies on the TV’s tuner, then you have to buy a TV Tuner Kit/Box. They cost anywhere between $30 to $200 or more depending on the brand, features, etc.
Look for a tuner that has HDMI Out so that you can easily connect it to the HDMI port of your monitor.
- Connect with any HDMI Source
Another way to convert a computer monitor to a TV or just as a video output device is using any HDMI Streaming device such as Chromecast, Fire Stick, IPTV Boxes, or Android TV Box. Some internet service providers even bundle media boxes with their packages. All you need is a display unit with HDMI Input.
- Using a Set-top Box / Satellite Dish
If you have a satellite connection, it usually comes with a receiver or set-top box. These units usually output using HDMI. So, you can easily hook up a set-top box with HDMI output to your Monitor.
Can I Use Philips Brilliance 279P1 monitor as TV?
As long as you don’t need a cable tuner, yes, you can technically use Philips Brilliance 279P1 monitor as a TV. In case you want a cable tuner, then you have to invest in a decent external tuner module. But why would you want to use a Computer Monitor as a television?
For instance, you have an old but good monitor and you don’t want to throw it away. Then you can use this monitor as a TV. Another example is if you don’t have enough room/budget to buy a new TV and want to use the same monitor for both your PC and as a TV.
The reason can be anything, if you have a good monitor at your disposal, you can do anything with it such as using it to watch TV Shows or stream movies, with little or no investment.
Best monitor to use as a TV
Below are the Top Best TV Monitor to use as a TV
- Samsung NU6900 TV Monitor.
- LG SM9000 TV Monitor.
- Sony X720E TV Monitor.
- Sony XBR43X800H TV Monitor.
- Samsung QN65Q80TAFXZC TV Monitor.
- TCL 43S425 TV Monitor.
- Acer SB220Q TV Monitor.
- LG 24LM520D-WU TV Monitor
How to Send VGA Monitor to a TV
- Connect one end of a VGA cable to your computer’s VGA port. Secure the connection by rotating the two screws on either side of the connector in a clockwise direction. If you’re using a desktop computer that is already attached to a VGA monitor, you may use the same cable by detaching it from the monitor.
- Connect and secure the other end of the VGA cable to the “VGA,” “D-Sub” or “PC-Input” port on the back of your TV.
- Plug one end of a 3.5 mm audio cable into your computer or speaker’s headphone jack. Plug the other end into the “Audio-In” port on the back of your TV. If your TV only has red and white RCA ports, attach a 3.5 mm-to-RCA adapter to the RCA ports and plug the 3.5 mm audio cable into the adapter.
- Power on your computer and TV. Press “Input” on your TV’s remote control until the PC input is selected. The TV should already display your computer desktop. If you’re using a laptop, you may need to enable the output.
- Right-click an empty area of your laptop’s desktop. Select “Graphics Adapter,” “Output to” and then “Monitor.”