How do I rescan my HD Dstv decoder?
How I rescan my HD Dstv decoder.
Dstv has made it less complex to rescan their HD decoder.
So you can rescan your HD decoder anytime effectively with a click of a button.
Here is a quick procedure you can follow to rescan your HD Dstv decoder:
- Once your decoder is done rebooting, you will see a screen like the one below.
- Next, you will need to select a satellite based on your country.
- Use the arrow keys on the left and right of the “OK” button to select the right satellite for your decoder.
- Choose between quick and manual setup.
- We recommend you chose the manual setup.
- Move to “Manual” and press “OK.”
- At this point, you need to select the type of LNB that was used to set up your dish. Refer here to see the type of DStv LNBs and what each one does.
- If you are using any DStv decoder except the DStv Explora, then the Universal LNB is the best option.
- Swipe left or right and select “Universal.”
- Check Tuners 1 &2 to see if their signal is more than half of the bar.
- Now, scroll down to “Scan.”
- Press on “OK”
- The scanning process will be initiated.
- Wait as it will scan all the channels automatically.
- Once the channel scan is done, your decoder will switch to channel 100, and pictures will display on your TV screen.
Why you may want to rescan your Dstv HD decoder
So that the channels will automatically broadcast with HD picture quality.
However, all the standard definition channels will also be scanned in addition to the HD channels.
What happens when you rescan your Dstv HD decoder
- All the standard definition channels will be scanned in addition to the HD channels
- The channels will automatically broadcast with HD picture quality
What is Dstv?
DSTV is the acronym for Digital Satellite Television which operates in Nigeria and some other African countries. These other African countries include Kenya, Tanzania, South Africa, Mauritius, and Uganda. The majority of their subscribers are from Nigeria and South Africa. The slogan for DSTV is Feel Every Moment.
DStv is easily the best direct-to-the-home satellite broadcast service in Africa. It is wildly popular across Africa, south of the Sahara, especially in English-speaking countries. Not only does DStv license the best content from across Africa and the rest of the world, but it also invests massively in its own productions. This makes the service a very attractive offer to those who seek sports, entertainment, and timely news.
What is the DStv smart card number?
Your Smartcard number is on the reverse of your decoder, below the bottom barcode, and is linked to your decoder and your customer number that was created with MultiChoice when you initiated your DStv subscription.
What is Dstv call center number?
The DStv Customer service/ call center number for Nigeria is
0803 900 3788
More info about “What is Dstv?”
Some would say DStv is a premium service targeted at the rich and middle-class due to its pricing. It is thus understandable that some across South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Nigeria, Lesotho, Ghana, Swaziland, Ethiopia, Namibia, and other parts of Africa would seek free options, especially how to install Free Channels on DStv decoders.
Multichoice has added educational content with the Mindset PoP channel. This channel offers educational programming comprising the entire General Education and Training (GET) phase, including Early Childhood Development (ECD), as well as a key focus on Grade 4 – 9 curriculums.
Mindset PoP will offer live lessons daily, with six fresh hours every day. A website is accessible for parents to download worksheets and information sheets to work through with teachers. Lessons are based on the South African Curriculum Assessment Policy Statements (CAPS) and are also to the Cambridge curriculum.