Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates from low- and middle-income countries for the Hornby Trust Scholarship 2024. The scholarship provides full funding opportunities for successful applicants to study in the United Kingdom.
The Master’s degree scholarships is for teachers and related professionals with relevant experience and evidenced potential to impact and enhance the field of English language teaching and learning in their home country.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): A.S. Hornby Educational Trust
- Scholarship Type: Full Funding
- Host Institution(s): University of Exeter
- Scholarship Worth: Not specified
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: Low- and middle-income countries
See Also: University of Exeter Global Excellence Scholarships in UK 2024/25
Hornby Trust Scholarship 2024 | Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the A.S. Hornby Trust Scholarship at the University of Exeter, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a resident of, and work in, a low or middle income country as included in the OECD DAC list.
- You must have a minimum of three years’ full time TESOL teaching or related professional experience after your first degree.
- You must already hold an undergraduate degree (with grades equivalent to UK upper 2nd class honours or higher) or a relevant postgraduate degree.
- You must first submit a normal postgraduate application to the University of Exeter for the MEd TESOL programme and so receive an Exeter student number. This number will be sent directly to you on receipt of your Exeter application. Only after that will you be able to submit your application for a Hornby Scholarship as this number must be included in your application.
- Full fees
- A stipend totalling at least £15,500 (spread over monthly payments) to cover accommodation and living costs (Exact stipend amount, to be confirmed on the acceptance of the award).
- Return international travel costs.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Hornby Trust Scholarship 2024 are to first complete the University of Exeter application for admission to the Med TESOL programme at the application webpage.
Once you have obtained an Exeter student number, please complete the Hornby Scholarship application form.
Application Deadline: 1st March 2024
Visit the Official Website for Further Details