Google Lime Scholarship Awards for Students with Disabilities – Offering scholarships to individuals with disabilities is not only beneficial for their personal and academic growth but also contributes to promoting a more inclusive, diverse, and equitable society.
That is why we wholeheartedly endorse “The Google Lime Scholarship” as one of the premier scholarship programs in the United States and Canada for students with disabilities worldwide.
It is important to highlight that the Google Lime Scholarship has provided support to over 3,000 recipients who have demonstrated a remarkable passion for technology, achieved outstanding academic success, and exhibited exceptional leadership qualities, making them exemplary role models.
As part of the 2023 Google Lime Scholarship, selected scholars will have the opportunity to attend a special Google Scholars Retreat at the Googleplex during the autumn of 2023. Additionally, they will be eligible to be considered for valuable internship opportunities with Google for the summer of 2024.
Check out these scholarships:
- Harambe Fletcher Scholarships for African Students in USA
- AAUW International Fellowships and Development Grants for Women
- NDDC Single Digit Loans for Women – Access Funds!
- Scholarship Opportunities at NDDC
- NDDC Post-Graduate (Master’s Degree) Scholarships
- Bill Gates Scholarship Grants
- Foreign Fulbright Student Program
- Boustany MBA Harvard University Scholarship
- Mastercard Foundation Scholarship Awards Program
The Google Lime Scholarship is a collaborative initiative between Google and Lime Connect, a nonprofit organization dedicated to supporting individuals with disabilities in their pursuit of higher education and professional success.
This scholarship is specifically aimed at students with disabilities in the United States or Canada who are pursuing a degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
During the academic year 2023-2024, the Google Lime Scholarship awarded 55 Generation Google Scholarships for students in the US and Canada, 8 Google Student Veterans of America Scholarships, 20 Generation Google Scholarships for women in computer science in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, 12 Generation Google Scholarships for women in computer science in Ireland, and 55 Generation Google Scholarships for women in computer science in the Asia-Pacific region.
In summary, the Google Lime Scholarship provides a platform to empower and uplift students with disabilities, fostering their academic and professional growth in the field of technology.
As part of the scholarship, each recipient will receive the following prizes:
- $10,000 USD for students studying in the U.S.
- $5,000 CAD for students studying in Canada
- An invitation to the Google Scholars Retreat at the Googleplex in Fall 2024
- Consideration for internship opportunities with Google for the Summer of 2025
To be considered eligible for this scholarship, applicants are required to fulfill the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate, graduate, or Ph.D. student at a university in the United States or Canada. This includes freshmen/first-year students and international students studying in the United States or Canada.
- Continuation of studies or plans to enroll in a full-time program (e.g., pursuing advanced degrees) at a university in the United States or Canada for the academic year 2024-2025.
- Pursuing a degree in the field of Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a closely related technical field such as software engineering or electrical engineering with a significant coursework in computer science.
- Maintaining a high level of academic performance.
- Must identify as a student with a visible or invisible disability. A disability is defined as an individual’s long-term or recurring condition that impacts one or more major daily activities. This definition also includes the perception of disability by others. All types of disabilities are encouraged to apply, as it is important to note that 90% of campus disabilities are not visible.
- Demonstrating leadership qualities and a strong dedication to and enthusiasm for computer science and technology.
- Previous recipients of the Google Lime Scholarship are not eligible for consideration.
- High school students are not eligible for this scholarship.
Please Note: Scholarship recipients must be registered as full-time students during the 2024-2025 academic year. Enrollment will be verified after the selection of winners, and the scholarship funds will be directly provided to the students to cover tuition and education-related expenses. Scholarships may be revoked if a scholar no longer meets the eligibility criteria. Recipients are allowed to defer their award for up to one (1) year, subject to an individual evaluation by Google.
Method of Application
Here’s another way to explain the process of submitting your application: To submit your application, follow these steps:
- Access The Lime Network’s application portal by logging in or creating an account.
- Once you’re logged in, you’ll be asked to provide the following details:
- Contact information, educational background, and work experience.
- An updated resume and unofficial transcripts.
- Three essays that showcase your passion for computer science.
- A recommendation letter from professors, advisors, or supervisors. Make sure to enter their names and email addresses before the application deadline. The recommendation letters themselves are due one week later.
- The application deadline varies, so be mindful of the specific dates.
- This opportunity is available in the United States of America and Canada.
- For more in-depth information and to apply, visit the official website.
- Don’t forget to regularly check the website for any important updates regarding the application process.
- If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below, and our staff will respond to you soon.
- For additional scholarship updates, remember to check out careersngr.
Remember, sharing is caring!