The African Leadership Centre (ALC) is pleased to announce a call for applications for Peace, Security & Development Fellowships for the academic year 2024/2025. ALC strives to inform and influence academic, research and policy discourses on leadership, peace, security & development on the African continent and globally.
The ALC Fellowship programmes seek to produce high performing graduates with identifiable leadership characteristics and skills, who generate cutting-edge research on peace, security and development and participate in institutional, national and regional networks to train and mentor the next generation of African academics.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): African Leadership Centre (ALC)
- Host Institution(s): Nairobi, Kenya and King`s College London, UK
- Funding Amount: Funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Graduates
- Nationality: Africans
Also Apply: UNESCO and OWSD Early Career Fellowship [USD 50,000]
Applicants are expected to fulfil the following requirements for the ALC Fellowship programmes:
- Applicants must be citizens of African countries.
- Successful candidates must hold valid travel documents prior to acceptance.
- Applicants must hold a master’s or bachelor’s degree and added experiences in peace, security and development field is valued.
- Applicants must have knowledge of, or experience with women’s rights, gender and development issues.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate a commitment to contribute to work on peace, security and development in Africa.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate capacity to undertake research on issues relating to peace, security and development in Africa.
- Applicants must demonstrate commitment to the core values of the programme: Promoting African led ideas and processes of Change; Independent thinking; Integrity; Pursuit of Excellence; Recognition of Youth Agency and Respect for diversity in all its forms.
- Candidates must have a demonstrable plan for how to utilise knowledge gained in the Fellowship upon return to their countries and/ or organisations.
- Candidates must be fluent in spoken and written English as all aspects of the programme are delivered in English.
See Also: Harvard South Africa Fellowship Program 2024/2025 | Fully Funded
African Leadership Centre Fellowships
- Fellowships for African Scholars in Peace Security and Development (degree awarding)
- Fellowships for African Women in Leadership and Peace-building (degree awarding)
- Fellowships for African Women in Peace, Security and Development (non-degree awarding)
How-to-Apply: To apply for this programme, applicants will need to create an account on the King’s website here and apply under the Peace and Security Fellowship Programme. In addition to applying to the above MSc programme, applicants need to make a separate application for the fellowship programme here.
Learn more about the Fellowships for African Scholars in Peace Security and Development (degree-awarding) programme, including the eligibility criteria, phases of the programme, terms and application process here.
Application Deadline: April 30, 2024
Visit the Official Website for Further Details